By 3 I actually mean 4 (ha! You get a bonus! Don’t you just love that?) Piggy-backing on my post Wednesday (workouts for when you’re stuck at home), here’s some more cool exercises one can do with furniture sliders. Basically, I highly recommend investing in some furniture sliders if you plan on workouts at home (obviously, the days one can’t come to SAPT…shameless plug.) as they’re cheap, easy to store (you can even store them UNDER furniture! Novel idea huh?) and open up a whole new can of whuppin’.
Note: Bear with me, I was filming these by myself so the camera angle isn’t perfect.
- Brace your non-slider leg against either a box or wall (however, if you stand against a wall, it will be a bit harder).
- Most people think the working leg is the sliding leg. Do not be fooled: the working leg is the NOT sliding leg. (put your weight on the slider and you’ll be doing the splits!) Put your weight into the heel of your non-slider leg and sit back with your hip. Don’t let your knee shoot forward, pretend you’re sitting in a chair.
- Only slide out as far as your adductors will allow (the inside of your thigh) and then return to the starting position by cracking a walnut (didn’t think you’d get away from not doing that did you?) and pushing your hips forward. It’s all about the hips! The slider is merely a red herring.
Alternating Hand Slide Outs:
- Brace your abs and butt hard in a plank and alternate sliding your hand out. Simple, yet difficult to execute. Pretend you’re balancing a glass of water on your butt. We don’t want your hips doing the Macarena.
Single Arm Slider Pushups:
- The progression from the above exercise (therefore the instructions apply here too.) Only slide out as far as you can without your lower back sagging and your push up turning to utter fail. It helps to find your range, then slide into a wall or something to prevent your from over extending.
-I feel like the video is pretty self-explanatory. Just squeeze the poop out of your butt and brace your abs as if your life depended upon it. And, for good measure, pretend the glass of water is back on your butt.
Have a great weekend!