Yes, you read that correctly, furniture sliders. No, I haven’t switched to become a TV spokesperson:
Clearly these people don’t need sliders; they just need to get stronger. I mean, seriously!? Any reasonably strong person could move furniture on their own without that lifty thing and sliders. Come to SAPT! Then you can redeem the money you spent on the sliders and use them how people-who-pick-up-heavy-things do.
Slider Reverse Lunges:
-SQUEEZE YOUR BUTT when you stand back up again (did you really expect me to say anything else?)
-Keep your torso tight (abs tight, shoulder blades in your back pocket) as that will reduce the amount of wiggling that will inevidtably occur with one unstable leg.
- Squeeze the everything as if your life depended on it. (You might fall in the lava if your are too loose. Hey, I work with kids and this analogy works.) And pretend that you’re balancing a glass of water on your butt (no shifty hips on this one).
- Wax on, wax off, young grasshopper. (both directions)
- Pinch a quarter between your butt cheeks as you do this otherwise you’ll feel it in your lower back.
- Shove your hips OVER you nose as you bring your heels back towards your butt. If you can’t do this without your hips sagging to the floor, then just work on the eccentric (the going out part) portion until you’ve built up the strength to bring you heels back.
- You body should remain stiff as a board between your shoulders and your knees; the hips shouldn’t sag to the floor at any point.
- Squeeze your entire body and balance that glass of water on your butt again. (Notice a theme? If you squeeze your butt in almost any lift/exercise, it’s going to be correct.)
- Move from your shoulders (I see a lot of people stick their butt in the air in an attempt to move their feet. Do not do this.) and only move as far back as you’re able without your lower back sagging and/or hurting.
There you have it! A cheap and convenient way to get a workout in (while traveling perhaps?) or just in your room if you can’t get to the gym. Why, you could even do some lunges in your office.