- A Scientific Look at the Dangers of High Heels – regular wear is bad news for your entire body!
- Ever wonder how certain factors of soccer specific fitness wave up and down throughout the year? If so, check out: Seasonal changes in VO2max Among Division 1A female soccer players.
- To stretch or not to stretch before an endurance run? This study examines the use of a dynamic stretch before a long run, but also mentions prior study results regarding static stretching.
- A new itieration of my favorite running shoe is out! The Kinvara 3… still very light weight and comfortable with a low 4mm heel to toe drop but with more durability.
- SAPT’s exercise of the week: Goblet Squat to Stepback Lunge! Great to use if you’re lacking equipment or if you want to punish yourself or if you’re serious about improving knee health with one juggernaut of a movement. The barbell version of this exercise is one of my favorites to use with my college teams for early off-season strength base building.
Have a great weekend… I’ll be attending some practices, a track meet, and mostly trying to enjoy the spring-like temperatures!